The PNE Fair has gone digital this year!
No more missing the SuperDogs show or the newest Fair food options – the PNE Fair app is here to make Fair-going easy, so you can focus on checking everything off your list!
Download it now in the App Store or Google Play Store.
Here are three highlights of the app:
For all you planners out there – this one’s for you! View what’s happening on the days you’re coming to the Fair and add your must-see events to your schedule. Set an alert that reminds you when the event is about to start so you won’t have to worry about losing track of time!
Where are all the washrooms? ATMs? Water stations? The comprehensive map shows you what’s around you – just make sure you turn on your location services on your phone. Filter what you want to see by pressing on the icon on the right, or use the search icon on the bottom right, and find what you need – in an instant!
Photo Hunt Contest
It’s not every day you get to see live shows, exhibits, and wacky foods all in one place! Enter the Photo Hunt Contest on the app simply by taking pictures during your Fair visit. Post your masterpiece on any social media channel and use the hashtag #GetHappyTogether to be entered to win 4 Tickets to Cirque du Soleil Luzia! For more information about this contest, visit here.
If apps aren’t your thing, be sure to pick up a Show Guide on your way in! Whatever it is, we want to make your Fair-going experience easy.
The annual PNE Fair is full of exhibits, shows and crazy food options! We want to make sure everyone gets the chance to experience the Fair this year.
So here are all the ways to help you save some time and money…
- Pro-tip: Get your tickets online in advance. You save $2 per ticket and when you come to the PNE Fair with your family, that’s some extra money to spend on more mini donuts…
- After Dark Gate Pass: If you’re a night owl and only prefer to come out after 9pm, get your pass at the gate for only $6 (only at the gate)!
- Twilight Ride Pass: Thrill rides at night? Yes, please! Save on Fair Ride Passes on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday after 5pm (only at the gate)!
- Wild Ride Wednesdays: It’s gonna be a wild ride for you and a buddy! On Wednesday, August 21 and 28, purchase 2 Ride Passes for the price of 1 (only at the gate)!
But wait, there’s more! (promo days)
- There’s an app for that! To kickoff our very own PNE App on August 17 and 18, download it from the Apple iOS or Google Play stores for free, and show the open app at the ticket booth to receive $2 admission!
- Heroes’ Opening Weekend – Here’s our way of saying thank you to the heroes for supporting us throughout the years. For current and retired police, RCMP, Paramedics, firefighters and military, come celebrate with us at the PNE Fair on August 17 and 18 – on us! That’s free gate admission for First Responders and a guest. See more details here.
- Hey YVR, we appreciate you! On August 20 and 27 from 11am to 1pm, everyone can enjoy free gate admission – courtesy of YVR.
- Save the date and make sure you’re not booked up on August 21 because you can receive $6 gate admission just by showing your BC Library Card and photo ID.
- Members rejoice! BCAA Members save on Fair Gate and Ride passes here. Vancity Members get $8 gate admission on Saturdays, Sundays, and Labour Day from 11am to 1pm!
- Fair Fridays? Transit Fridays! Take transit to the PNE Fair on Friday, August 23 and 30 and get 2-for-1 admission for adults and seniors. Make sure to show your valid TransLink Compass Card!
- It’s Out at the Fair Day! Wear your 2019 Vancouver Pride Society pride socks on August 29 for free admission!
- And thank you Retirement Concepts! On August 22, seniors get free gate admission and free rides on the West Coast Wheel!
So many ways to save! Don’t miss on this year’s offerings at the PNE Fair – we can’t wait to see you! For more information on these promotions, visit pne.ca.
It is with incredible sadness that the Pacific National Exhibition acknowledges the passing of one of our longest standing concessionaires and iconic members of our Fair family, Bill Konyk, known across the Canadian fair industry as Hunky Bill.
Bill passed away peacefully last night, surrounded by his family.
Hunky Bill was a beloved member of the extended PNE family for 52 years, beginning, as the legend has it, when the then Vancouver based radio executive bet a friend $10 that he could get a booth at the PNE to sell his homemade Ukrainian style perogy’s. The story goes that Bill showed up at the PNE administration office and spent an hour and a half convincing the then head of the PNE booth sales department to give him a chance. Konyk got his booth, won his $10 and began a 52-year journey during which time Hunky Bill has become one of the most iconic pitchmen and restaurateurs in Canadian history.
Hunky Bill’s has always been a family operated business spanning three generations. Bill’s loving wife Kay and three sons Bill Jr., Clayton, and Mark will continue on the tradition of serving the best Ukrainian food in the city.
Hunky Bill will be incredibly missed by his many friends and family across Canada, including all those in his PNE Fair family.