Looking for plans this Sunday? You’ve come to the right place! The Hastings Park Farmers Market gets underway this Sunday from 10:00am to 2:00pm in Hastings Park! Come check out Fruit Guy Farms for some great local produce, Old Country Frozen Pierogi for some delicious Pierogis or Six Legs Good Apiaries for East Vancouver produced honey and beeswax!
NEW this week at the Farmers Market: Freshly picked Daffodils from Warmerdam Specialty Daffodils and Tulips from The Promise Land Farm! If you’re looking to put a smile on someone’s face, these are the flowers for you!
For more information on the Hastings Park Farmers Market or to find a Farmers Market near you check out: www.eatlocal.org
For a map of the Hastings Park Farmers Market and a list of all the vendors coming this weekend, please visit: http://maps.managemymarket.com/2256
Don’t forget to follow @VanMarkets on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to stay informed about all the Vancouver Farmers Markets!
Looking for a new recipe to try on #NationalChiliDay? We have you covered! The Catering Team at the Pacific National Exhibition have come up with an amazing and healthy Chili recipe for everyone! Give it a try and let us know what you think on social media! @PNE_Playland (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- 2 TB olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 7 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 TB chili powder
- 1 TB ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 3 TB tomato paste
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) fire-roasted tomatoes, with juices
- 2 cups chicken or turkey broth
- 1 540 ml can black beans, rinsed well and drained
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled/seeded, and cubed into ½ inch pieces
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, avocado, hot sauce, cilantro, jalapeno for topping, optional
- In a large heavy pot or Dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium high until hot.
- Add onion and garlic, stirring until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add sugar, chili powder, cumin, cinnamon, oregano, and coriander. Stir to combine, 10 seconds.
- Add ground turkey to pot and sprinkle 1 tsp salt over it; cook/stir to break up into small pieces. When turkey is cooked through, add tomato paste and stir 30 seconds.
- Add bell peppers, fire-roasted tomatoes with juices, and broth. Scrape bottom of pan while stirring.
- Bring chili to a simmer; simmer covered for 20 minutes.
- Add beans and squash.
- Bring chili back to a simmer and simmer covered another 20 minutes or just until squash is tender but not mushy.
- Remove from heat. Add additional salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Serve warm.
- Incorporate additional toppings to taste.
Tell us what you thought of the recipe in the comment section below or on social media: @PNE_Playland
We are looking for applications for New Food Vendors for The Fair 2017!
Each year we seeks to bring new and exciting food vendors to the Fair at the PNE to help make a great experience for our guests! Do you think your company has what it takes to feed the masses at the 2017 Fair at the PNE? We want to hear from you! Simply fill out the form here: Tell us about your company and your unique selling feature as well as any supporting documentation on your trailer or food truck.
Please be advised we require all food vendors to have a professional trailer or food truck. Tent and table set ups are not permitted.
Scroll down to check out some of the highlighted foods from The 2016 Fair at the PNE!
Butter Chicken Fries
Big Pickle Dog
Stuffed Mac and Cheese Burger
Teryaki Chicken Perogies
The Hercules Burger
Mini Donut Popsicles
Click here for more information on Exhibit Space at The 2017 Fair at the PNE