Around the globe, millions of people, businesses and landmarks set aside an hour to host events, switch off their lights, and make noise to #ChangeClimateChange. The Pacific National Exhibition is proud to join in on this endeavor and we encourage each and every one of you to do your part.
On March 25, 2017 from 8:30pm to 9:30pm the PNE will be going DARK! Lights will be turned off, computers will be powered down and any electronic devices not being used will be unplugged!
How can you participate you ask! Here are a few helpful tips on how you can do your part in the fight to #ChangeClimateChange:
- Close blinds and curtains to help retain heat in your home
- Wash clothing in cold water
- Unplug any electrical devises that are not being used
- Change any old incandescent or halogen light bulbs to energy-efficient blubs
- Check the seal on your refrigerator door
- Regularly vacuum the coils under your refrigerator
- Use lids on pots and pans to reduce cooking time
- Clean the lint screen after every load of laundry
- Dust light fixtures regularly
- And remember; it pays to invest in energy efficiency
With these helpful tips on saving energy, you and your family can take the steps to help protect this planet we all share.
From the team at the PNE, we thank you for doing your part to #ChangeClimateChange
Let us know how you’re participating via social or in the comments below! Happy Earth Hour!
This year marks the 8th anniversary of the Youth Council at the Pacific National Exhibition which continues to foster strong relationships between youth in the community and the PNE.
Meeting once a month, Youth Council members are given the unique opportunity to learn the behind the scenes workings of a successful business, expand their leadership and teamwork skills and meet with local business leaders. That’s right, members will rub shoulders with COO’s, CFO’s, CMO’s and event CEO’s of local organizations! Not to mention, members get to attend some of the best events in Vancouver!
Do you know any energetic, motivated and dedicated youth who will be going into grade 11 or 12 as of September 2017?
How to Apply:
- Fill out the Application Form.
- Attach any supporting documentation (Resume, Cover Letter, Reference Letter).
- Submit your package to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Deadline to apply is Friday April 28, 2017!
Don’t miss your chance to be part of one of the most unique youth programs in BC.
Click here to learn more about the PNE Youth Council!
Looking for plans this Sunday? You’ve come to the right place! The Hastings Park Farmers Market gets underway this Sunday from 10:00am to 2:00pm in Hastings Park! Come check out Fruit Guy Farms for some great local produce, Old Country Frozen Pierogi for some delicious Pierogis or Six Legs Good Apiaries for East Vancouver produced honey and beeswax!
NEW this week at the Farmers Market: Freshly picked Daffodils from Warmerdam Specialty Daffodils and Tulips from The Promise Land Farm! If you’re looking to put a smile on someone’s face, these are the flowers for you!
For more information on the Hastings Park Farmers Market or to find a Farmers Market near you check out: www.eatlocal.org
For a map of the Hastings Park Farmers Market and a list of all the vendors coming this weekend, please visit: http://maps.managemymarket.com/2256
Don’t forget to follow @VanMarkets on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to stay informed about all the Vancouver Farmers Markets!