Looking for a new recipe to try on #NationalChiliDay? We have you covered! The Catering Team at the Pacific National Exhibition have come up with an amazing and healthy Chili recipe for everyone! Give it a try and let us know what you think on social media! @PNE_Playland (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- 2 TB olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 7 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 TB chili powder
- 1 TB ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 3 TB tomato paste
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) fire-roasted tomatoes, with juices
- 2 cups chicken or turkey broth
- 1 540 ml can black beans, rinsed well and drained
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled/seeded, and cubed into ½ inch pieces
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, avocado, hot sauce, cilantro, jalapeno for topping, optional
- In a large heavy pot or Dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium high until hot.
- Add onion and garlic, stirring until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add sugar, chili powder, cumin, cinnamon, oregano, and coriander. Stir to combine, 10 seconds.
- Add ground turkey to pot and sprinkle 1 tsp salt over it; cook/stir to break up into small pieces. When turkey is cooked through, add tomato paste and stir 30 seconds.
- Add bell peppers, fire-roasted tomatoes with juices, and broth. Scrape bottom of pan while stirring.
- Bring chili to a simmer; simmer covered for 20 minutes.
- Add beans and squash.
- Bring chili back to a simmer and simmer covered another 20 minutes or just until squash is tender but not mushy.
- Remove from heat. Add additional salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Serve warm.
- Incorporate additional toppings to taste.
Tell us what you thought of the recipe in the comment section below or on social media: @PNE_Playland
We are looking for applications for New Food Vendors for The Fair 2017!
Each year we seeks to bring new and exciting food vendors to the Fair at the PNE to help make a great experience for our guests! Do you think your company has what it takes to feed the masses at the 2017 Fair at the PNE? We want to hear from you! Simply fill out the form here: Tell us about your company and your unique selling feature as well as any supporting documentation on your trailer or food truck.
Please be advised we require all food vendors to have a professional trailer or food truck. Tent and table set ups are not permitted.
Scroll down to check out some of the highlighted foods from The 2016 Fair at the PNE!
Butter Chicken Fries
Big Pickle Dog
Stuffed Mac and Cheese Burger
Teryaki Chicken Perogies
The Hercules Burger
Mini Donut Popsicles
Click here for more information on Exhibit Space at The 2017 Fair at the PNE
Playland has been in maintenance mode over the holiday break to be sure our rides are in tip top shape for the 2017 season! One of the largest projects over this period has been the winter maintenance of the Westcoast Wheel! Our tech team at Playland is absolutely amazing and has spent countless hours dismantling these rides and putting them into hibernation! Check out some of the photos below to see behind the scenes of Playland maintenance/ hibernation mode.
Read on to get some great insight on our contest; on now at: Playland Ride Expert Contest! You could WIN a Playland Season Pass by simply doing out quiz and filling out the form! Don’t miss your chance for a summer of fun!
The Wave Swinger has all the chairs and chains removed to bring it to its maintenance mode over the winter!
The Westcoast Wheel dismantled and put into hibernation mode!
The Westcoast Wheel enclosures are stored away in their very own tent with heaters to have them ready for the 2017 Playland Season!
The Merry-Go-Round characters are all stored away to prevent them from being cold over the winter!
All the carts from our Flume ride are stored out of the water to prevent hypothermia!
In addition to putting the park into maintenance mode, our tech team is currently prepping the site for the 3 new rides coming to Playland this spring! Here is where one of them will be set up!
One of the THREE NEW RIDES to Playland this year has had the area prepped and ready for its arrival!
DONT FORGET! There are only a few days left to take advantage of the BEST OFFER OF THE YEAR on a Playland Season Pass!
If you haven’t yet, make sure you complete our Playland Ride Expert quiz for a chance to WIN a Playland Season Pass for the 2017 season!