The annual PNE Fair is full of exhibits, shows and crazy food options! We want to make sure everyone gets the chance to experience the Fair this year.
So here are all the ways to help you save some time and money…
- Pro-tip: Get your tickets online in advance. You save $2 per ticket and when you come to the PNE Fair with your family, that’s some extra money to spend on more mini donuts…
- After Dark Gate Pass: If you’re a night owl and only prefer to come out after 9pm, get your pass at the gate for only $6 (only at the gate)!
- Twilight Ride Pass: Thrill rides at night? Yes, please! Save on Fair Ride Passes on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday after 5pm (only at the gate)!
- Wild Ride Wednesdays: It’s gonna be a wild ride for you and a buddy! On Wednesday, August 21 and 28, purchase 2 Ride Passes for the price of 1 (only at the gate)!
But wait, there’s more! (promo days)
- There’s an app for that! To kickoff our very own PNE App on August 17 and 18, download it from the Apple iOS or Google Play stores for free, and show the open app at the ticket booth to receive $2 admission!
- Heroes’ Opening Weekend – Here’s our way of saying thank you to the heroes for supporting us throughout the years. For current and retired police, RCMP, Paramedics, firefighters and military, come celebrate with us at the PNE Fair on August 17 and 18 – on us! That’s free gate admission for First Responders and a guest. See more details here.
- Hey YVR, we appreciate you! On August 20 and 27 from 11am to 1pm, everyone can enjoy free gate admission – courtesy of YVR.
- Save the date and make sure you’re not booked up on August 21 because you can receive $6 gate admission just by showing your BC Library Card and photo ID.
- Members rejoice! BCAA Members save on Fair Gate and Ride passes here. Vancity Members get $8 gate admission on Saturdays, Sundays, and Labour Day from 11am to 1pm!
- Fair Fridays? Transit Fridays! Take transit to the PNE Fair on Friday, August 23 and 30 and get 2-for-1 admission for adults and seniors. Make sure to show your valid TransLink Compass Card!
- It’s Out at the Fair Day! Wear your 2019 Vancouver Pride Society pride socks on August 29 for free admission!
- And thank you Retirement Concepts! On August 22, seniors get free gate admission and free rides on the West Coast Wheel!
So many ways to save! Don’t miss on this year’s offerings at the PNE Fair – we can’t wait to see you! For more information on these promotions, visit pne.ca.
Create lasting family memories. Turn your daydreams into dream days!
Here are some tips to help you make the most of your time together during your next family getaway.
Book early. You want to be sure to book a hotel that has all the amenities you need for your perfect family vacation. Booking early means you’re sure to get the destination, hotel and room category you’re looking for. Often times, you’ll also be able to take advantage of awesome promotions like saving $400 per family when you book with Air Canada Vacations.
Getting kids ready for an exciting vacation. Build anticipation by making a countdown calendar. Get them involved in the travel planning by making a list of items that they wish to bring. They will be thrilled to pack their own bag.
Travel with basic medicines. An easy way to ruin a day of travel or possibly an entire trip is to have a sick family member. Whether your child has an upset stomach from the bumpy bus ride to your destination, or an ear pain from the changing altitude when flying on an airplane, you want to be prepared to make the sick family member feel better as quickly as possible. It’s always a good idea to take a few over-the-counter medications your family might need while traveling.
Fly direct. If you’re flying with kids, you probably have strollers, backpacks, stuffed animals and favourite blankets to carry along with you. The best way to stay stress free is to book direct. Air Canada Vacations offers multiple daily direct flights to destinations throughout Mexico and the Caribbean.
Whether you plan to lounge on the beach or go on your own adventure, use these tips to plan ahead so you don’t have to worry about a thing!
It’s that time of the year again where our eyes get bigger than our stomachs and we salivate over the variety of terrifically tasty to wonderfully wacky food options coming to the PNE Fair. In addition to classics you’d expect to find, the PNE Fair is expanding its offering to include more vegan and plant-based dishes.
Lettuce celebrate the new, the favourites, the healthy, and the deep fried…
Around the World in One Fair Day
- Chana Tater Tots – Travel the world at the Fair and get a taste of India from Wiggle Chips! These crispy tater tots are topped with sliced onion, green chilies, diced tomato, chickpeas and sliced chicken, all tossed in a house-made chana masala sauce and garnished with fresh coriander and ginger. Did we get you hungry yet?
- Italian Pizza Perogies – You’ll definitely want a piz-za this from International Perogies. This is the perfect dish if you don’t want to get your hands dirty from pizzas and still want the taste of Italy all in one plate.
- Rice Burger – Let’s head to Japan! This booth features their famous rice burger – choose from chicken katsu, beef yakiniku, and Japanese curry flavours and much more.
The Sweets (and the Salty)
- Pickle Cotton Candy – Some say it’s the best of both worlds – sweet and salty. But others may think it’s dilly crazy. Find out at Next Gen Sweet Side Candy.
- Butterbeer Soft Serve – All muggles and wizards will enjoy this one! There’s nothing better than a refreshing soft serve on a hot summer day at SummerLand SoftServe.
For all our veggie-lovers!
- Beyond Meat Burger – You asked and we heard you! This year at the PNE Fair, we are bringing in more vegetarian and vegan options, so no matter your food preferences, there will be something for everyone – like the Beyond Meat burger at the Handmade Stuffed Burger Booth and Lookout Grill in Playland!
- Buddha-Full – it’s beautiful and it’s vegan, it’s Buddha-Full! Find their Buddha-bowls and wraps on their popular double decker bus at the Fair!
- Sugar Cinn Pretzel – It’s the Fair classic from Mr. Pretzel! If you’re feeling adventurous, try the Napolitano, caramel, and Toscana pretzels – all hand-rolled and baked fresh to order.
- Beauty and the Beef – Yes, you read that right. Find yourself indulging in a comforting mac and cheese dish topped with grilled smoked beef and crispy onions from Reel Mac and Cheese.
- Banana Bread French Toast & Bacon Pancake Dippers – Get breakfast all day at Stacks Bacon Pancake House! These brunchy bites are great choices for those who crave sweet and savoury flavours.
- Foot Long French Fries – We’ve all seen the foot long hotdogs and foot long subs. But have you seen these foot long French fries from Freakk Fries?
- The Mighty Zeus Onion – It’s a whole onion cut and dipped in homemade batter and garnished with green pepper, red onion, tomato, feta cheese and much more from The Onion Factory. Onion breath may be included.
- Devil’s Ramen – The name says it all – it’s hot and it’s spicy! If you’re up for a challenge, then slurp away at Saltspring Noodle Bar.
- Cheesy Ramen Corndog – It’s corndogs gone trendy! The classic fair fave is wrapped in mozzarella cheese, dipped in batter, rolled in crispy ramen noodles and fried until golden brown… check them out at Next Gen Corn Dog.
- Flaming Hot Cheetos Corndog – If you’re dying for some fiery goodness, look no further. This corndog ups the game and leaves your lips feeling tingly numb. Head to Chicky’s Chicken to satisfy the craving!
- NeFAIRious Cerveza: The PNE collaborated with local craft brewery *Parallel 49* on an easy-drinking Mexican-inspired beer. Look for it at P49’s tasting room and of course, at the Fair!
- Tipsy Unicorn – It’s as magical as it sounds. This colourful, smoking cocktail will be sure to make your Fair experience a special one. And it looks good on Instagram. 😉
From finger-licking favourites to festival goodness, this year’s PNE Fair will have options for all Fairgoers. Food glorious food!
Find out more about the PNE Fair and save on advance tickets here.