This year marks the 8th anniversary of the Youth Council at the Pacific National Exhibition which continues to foster strong relationships between youth in the community and the PNE.
Meeting once a month, Youth Council members are given the unique opportunity to learn the behind the scenes workings of a successful business, expand their leadership and teamwork skills and meet with local business leaders. That’s right, members will rub shoulders with COO’s, CFO’s, CMO’s and event CEO’s of local organizations! Not to mention, members get to attend some of the best events in Vancouver!
Do you know any energetic, motivated and dedicated youth who will be going into grade 11 or 12 as of September 2017?
How to Apply:
- Fill out the Application Form.
- Attach any supporting documentation (Resume, Cover Letter, Reference Letter).
- Submit your package to email@example.com.
- Deadline to apply is Friday April 28, 2017!
Don’t miss your chance to be part of one of the most unique youth programs in BC.
Click here to learn more about the PNE Youth Council!
Looking for a new recipe to try on #NationalChiliDay? We have you covered! The Catering Team at the Pacific National Exhibition have come up with an amazing and healthy Chili recipe for everyone! Give it a try and let us know what you think on social media! @PNE_Playland (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- 2 TB olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 7 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 TB chili powder
- 1 TB ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 3 TB tomato paste
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) fire-roasted tomatoes, with juices
- 2 cups chicken or turkey broth
- 1 540 ml can black beans, rinsed well and drained
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled/seeded, and cubed into ½ inch pieces
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, avocado, hot sauce, cilantro, jalapeno for topping, optional
- In a large heavy pot or Dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium high until hot.
- Add onion and garlic, stirring until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add sugar, chili powder, cumin, cinnamon, oregano, and coriander. Stir to combine, 10 seconds.
- Add ground turkey to pot and sprinkle 1 tsp salt over it; cook/stir to break up into small pieces. When turkey is cooked through, add tomato paste and stir 30 seconds.
- Add bell peppers, fire-roasted tomatoes with juices, and broth. Scrape bottom of pan while stirring.
- Bring chili to a simmer; simmer covered for 20 minutes.
- Add beans and squash.
- Bring chili back to a simmer and simmer covered another 20 minutes or just until squash is tender but not mushy.
- Remove from heat. Add additional salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Serve warm.
- Incorporate additional toppings to taste.
Tell us what you thought of the recipe in the comment section below or on social media: @PNE_Playland