Create lasting family memories. Turn your daydreams into dream days!
Here are some tips to help you make the most of your time together during your next family getaway.
Book early. You want to be sure to book a hotel that has all the amenities you need for your perfect family vacation. Booking early means you’re sure to get the destination, hotel and room category you’re looking for. Often times, you’ll also be able to take advantage of awesome promotions like saving $400 per family when you book with Air Canada Vacations.
Getting kids ready for an exciting vacation. Build anticipation by making a countdown calendar. Get them involved in the travel planning by making a list of items that they wish to bring. They will be thrilled to pack their own bag.
Travel with basic medicines. An easy way to ruin a day of travel or possibly an entire trip is to have a sick family member. Whether your child has an upset stomach from the bumpy bus ride to your destination, or an ear pain from the changing altitude when flying on an airplane, you want to be prepared to make the sick family member feel better as quickly as possible. It’s always a good idea to take a few over-the-counter medications your family might need while traveling.
Fly direct. If you’re flying with kids, you probably have strollers, backpacks, stuffed animals and favourite blankets to carry along with you. The best way to stay stress free is to book direct. Air Canada Vacations offers multiple daily direct flights to destinations throughout Mexico and the Caribbean.
Whether you plan to lounge on the beach or go on your own adventure, use these tips to plan ahead so you don’t have to worry about a thing!
It’s that time of the year again where our eyes get bigger than our stomachs and we salivate over the variety of terrifically tasty to wonderfully wacky food options coming to the PNE Fair. In addition to classics you’d expect to find, the PNE Fair is expanding its offering to include more vegan and plant-based dishes.
Lettuce celebrate the new, the favourites, the healthy, and the deep fried…
Around the World in One Fair Day
- Chana Tater Tots – Travel the world at the Fair and get a taste of India from Wiggle Chips! These crispy tater tots are topped with sliced onion, green chilies, diced tomato, chickpeas and sliced chicken, all tossed in a house-made chana masala sauce and garnished with fresh coriander and ginger. Did we get you hungry yet?
- Italian Pizza Perogies – You’ll definitely want a piz-za this from International Perogies. This is the perfect dish if you don’t want to get your hands dirty from pizzas and still want the taste of Italy all in one plate.
- Rice Burger – Let’s head to Japan! This booth features their famous rice burger – choose from chicken katsu, beef yakiniku, and Japanese curry flavours and much more.
The Sweets (and the Salty)
- Pickle Cotton Candy – Some say it’s the best of both worlds – sweet and salty. But others may think it’s dilly crazy. Find out at Next Gen Sweet Side Candy.
- Butterbeer Soft Serve – All muggles and wizards will enjoy this one! There’s nothing better than a refreshing soft serve on a hot summer day at SummerLand SoftServe.
For all our veggie-lovers!
- Beyond Meat Burger – You asked and we heard you! This year at the PNE Fair, we are bringing in more vegetarian and vegan options, so no matter your food preferences, there will be something for everyone – like the Beyond Meat burger at the Handmade Stuffed Burger Booth and Lookout Grill in Playland!
- Buddha-Full – it’s beautiful and it’s vegan, it’s Buddha-Full! Find their Buddha-bowls and wraps on their popular double decker bus at the Fair!
- Sugar Cinn Pretzel – It’s the Fair classic from Mr. Pretzel! If you’re feeling adventurous, try the Napolitano, caramel, and Toscana pretzels – all hand-rolled and baked fresh to order.
- Beauty and the Beef – Yes, you read that right. Find yourself indulging in a comforting mac and cheese dish topped with grilled smoked beef and crispy onions from Reel Mac and Cheese.
- Banana Bread French Toast & Bacon Pancake Dippers – Get breakfast all day at Stacks Bacon Pancake House! These brunchy bites are great choices for those who crave sweet and savoury flavours.
- Foot Long French Fries – We’ve all seen the foot long hotdogs and foot long subs. But have you seen these foot long French fries from Freakk Fries?
- The Mighty Zeus Onion – It’s a whole onion cut and dipped in homemade batter and garnished with green pepper, red onion, tomato, feta cheese and much more from The Onion Factory. Onion breath may be included.
- Devil’s Ramen – The name says it all – it’s hot and it’s spicy! If you’re up for a challenge, then slurp away at Saltspring Noodle Bar.
- Cheesy Ramen Corndog – It’s corndogs gone trendy! The classic fair fave is wrapped in mozzarella cheese, dipped in batter, rolled in crispy ramen noodles and fried until golden brown… check them out at Next Gen Corn Dog.
- Flaming Hot Cheetos Corndog – If you’re dying for some fiery goodness, look no further. This corndog ups the game and leaves your lips feeling tingly numb. Head to Chicky’s Chicken to satisfy the craving!
- NeFAIRious Cerveza: The PNE collaborated with local craft brewery *Parallel 49* on an easy-drinking Mexican-inspired beer. Look for it at P49’s tasting room and of course, at the Fair!
- Tipsy Unicorn – It’s as magical as it sounds. This colourful, smoking cocktail will be sure to make your Fair experience a special one. And it looks good on Instagram. 😉
From finger-licking favourites to festival goodness, this year’s PNE Fair will have options for all Fairgoers. Food glorious food!
Find out more about the PNE Fair and save on advance tickets here.
Getting your first job can be intimidating, but it doesn’t have to be. Summer jobs are the best way to get started, learn lots, and have fun!
Whether you’re saving for university tuition or for your next travel adventure, working at the annual PNE Fair (August 17 – September 2) is the ideal way to make money while having fun and meeting new people! Better yet, if you’d like to work with your friends this summer, then ask them to apply as well!
We interviewed some current employees and asked them why they love working here…
“I love working here because everybody is really friendly and just the energy around here is really awesome with everybody having fun!”
“I love working here because I’ve been able to make a lot of friends and the energy is super enjoyable. And I love that I get to talk to different people every single day. I get to practice being more confidence and really expressing my feelings when talking to guests.”
“I love working here because I get to see everyone have the best day of their summer every day.”
“I love working here because I like to make people smile.”
“I love working here because it’s super fun! There’s a lot of kids that come in… it’s super fun to be able to give them a prize and see how excited they get when they win something. It also works really amazing with college hours and the summer.”
We’ve got more than 1,000 jobs to fill for the annual PNE Fair in a variety of positions in the Agriculture, Games, Guest Services, Lotteries, Public Safety, Rides, and Food & Beverage departments. The application process is easy. Make sure you and your friends get on the applications now and apply today at PNEjobs.com!