Around the globe, millions of people, businesses and landmarks set aside an hour to host events, switch off their lights, and make noise to #ChangeClimateChange. The Pacific National Exhibition is proud to join in on this endeavor and we encourage each and every one of you to do your part.
On March 25, 2017 from 8:30pm to 9:30pm the PNE will be going DARK! Lights will be turned off, computers will be powered down and any electronic devices not being used will be unplugged!
How can you participate you ask! Here are a few helpful tips on how you can do your part in the fight to #ChangeClimateChange:
- Close blinds and curtains to help retain heat in your home
- Wash clothing in cold water
- Unplug any electrical devises that are not being used
- Change any old incandescent or halogen light bulbs to energy-efficient blubs
- Check the seal on your refrigerator door
- Regularly vacuum the coils under your refrigerator
- Use lids on pots and pans to reduce cooking time
- Clean the lint screen after every load of laundry
- Dust light fixtures regularly
- And remember; it pays to invest in energy efficiency
With these helpful tips on saving energy, you and your family can take the steps to help protect this planet we all share.
From the team at the PNE, we thank you for doing your part to #ChangeClimateChange
Let us know how you’re participating via social or in the comments below! Happy Earth Hour!