Looking for plans this Sunday? You’ve come to the right place! The Hastings Park Farmers Market gets underway this Sunday from 10:00am to 2:00pm in Hastings Park! Come check out Fruit Guy Farms for some great local produce, Old Country Frozen Pierogi for some delicious Pierogis or Six Legs Good Apiaries for East Vancouver produced honey and beeswax!
NEW this week at the Farmers Market: Freshly picked Daffodils from Warmerdam Specialty Daffodils and Tulips from The Promise Land Farm! If you’re looking to put a smile on someone’s face, these are the flowers for you!
For more information on the Hastings Park Farmers Market or to find a Farmers Market near you check out: www.eatlocal.org
For a map of the Hastings Park Farmers Market and a list of all the vendors coming this weekend, please visit: http://maps.managemymarket.com/2256
Don’t forget to follow @VanMarkets on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to stay informed about all the Vancouver Farmers Markets!
Looking for a new recipe to try on #NationalChiliDay? We have you covered! The Catering Team at the Pacific National Exhibition have come up with an amazing and healthy Chili recipe for everyone! Give it a try and let us know what you think on social media! @PNE_Playland (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- 2 TB olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 7 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 TB chili powder
- 1 TB ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 3 TB tomato paste
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) fire-roasted tomatoes, with juices
- 2 cups chicken or turkey broth
- 1 540 ml can black beans, rinsed well and drained
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled/seeded, and cubed into ½ inch pieces
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, avocado, hot sauce, cilantro, jalapeno for topping, optional
- In a large heavy pot or Dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium high until hot.
- Add onion and garlic, stirring until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add sugar, chili powder, cumin, cinnamon, oregano, and coriander. Stir to combine, 10 seconds.
- Add ground turkey to pot and sprinkle 1 tsp salt over it; cook/stir to break up into small pieces. When turkey is cooked through, add tomato paste and stir 30 seconds.
- Add bell peppers, fire-roasted tomatoes with juices, and broth. Scrape bottom of pan while stirring.
- Bring chili to a simmer; simmer covered for 20 minutes.
- Add beans and squash.
- Bring chili back to a simmer and simmer covered another 20 minutes or just until squash is tender but not mushy.
- Remove from heat. Add additional salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Serve warm.
- Incorporate additional toppings to taste.
Tell us what you thought of the recipe in the comment section below or on social media: @PNE_Playland
The long weekend is almost here and the kids are ready to rock; but do you have plans for Family Day 2017? We have you covered with some great family fun at the PNE Agrodome! We are happy to announce that we will be hosting the Family Day Community Skate on February 13 2017 from 12:00pm to 4:15pm at the PNE Agrodome! Bring your Family, Friends, and Skates to participate in this fun filled family activity! Helmets are recommended for all participants (Children 12 and under must wear a helmet), especially those unfamiliar with skating.
Click here for more information
Children (3 & under)……. FREE
Hockey Sticks and Pucks, Ringette Sticks and Rings
Don’t forget to share your Family Day activities on social media and tag @PNE_Playland for a chance to be featured on our page!